Android doesn't build with latest alpha update

Hey guys,

I just updated to the latest alpha build
Editor SHA1: a768c3dcce54b947c3c13575991e056bd8ffb711
Engine SHA1: 67b68f1e1ac26a3385fb511cdce520fe52387bb0
Build time: 2019-06-17T12:33:05.227999

But now I can’t build to Android 32-bit, debug. I’m getting this in the console:

Failed building Android resources to R.java: 

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp15285865350688366659\res\values\values.xml:50: error: Attribute "fontProviderAuthority" has already been defined
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp15285865350688366659\res\values\values.xml:53: error: Attribute "fontProviderPackage" has already been defined
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp15285865350688366659\res\values\values.xml:56: error: Attribute "fontProviderQuery" has already been defined
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp15285865350688366659\res\values\values.xml:62: error: Attribute "fontProviderCerts" has already been defined

Is there a way I can get the previous build? Or even the stable build of Defold? All the links seem to link to alpha builds without the option to download the stable one. I tried downloading from d.defold.com and from the dashboard too.

Are you using any extensions?

Oh, it seems to be somehow related to the admob extension. If I remove it, it bundles it correctly.
I followed all the instructions (even the updated ones).
Is there a reason this is happening now? It was working before.

Not sure. When did it work last? @sergey.lerg has made a few updates to the extension recently I think.

It has worked until the June 11 commits for sure. I had noticed the changes on June 14 the day it came out, and saw how the README installation of the extension changed so I followed the new instructions, namely not needing to manually download the extension due to a previous Android Resource bug. I don’t fully remember if the bundling worked that day, but I think it did.

Can you try the old version again to confirm that that version still works?

Confirmed to be working on the June 14th commit! Something about the google services update breaks it. I double-checked it with the latest version and it still gives me the error.

Can you please try the latest on master: https://github.com/Lerg/extension-admob

If I clone that project, open it and bundle for Android it works as expected.

What dependency are you using? Master?
If so it will change each time a new commit happens to that So check there for any changes.

2 Likes

Sorry, updates for google play services proved to be problematic. I am trying to get rid of such errors but using new aaptExcludeResourceDirs directive in ext.manifest, but can’t get it to work yet.
Please use an older version for now.

@britzl @Mathias_Westerdahl would be cool if Editor could show a message with recently updated extensions and a link to release notes or something.

3 Likes

Perhaps this is a quick win for @markus.gustavsson or @mats.gisselson to play with?

Do you have other extensions in your project?

Yes, I do. Besides your extension, I have PlayFab, GameAnalytics, RichText, DefString, and DefTable.

I believe this is the only one containing native code.

1 Like