Android: application stopped working (DEF-2728)

Whenever I export an android bundle on defold, and i try to execute it, the application stops working before even starting. The game works on linux perfectly.

Ugh. Can you see anything relevant in the android log?
I.e. from a terminal window run:

> adb logcat

Which editor are you using? Editor 1 or 2?
What linux are you using?

1 Like

Are you testing on a real device or an emulator?

1 Like

Hmm, if you can provide an Android log it should give us a hint of what’s wrong. What if you bundle an empty project? Same error? What kind of Android device are you testing on?

1 Like

So, turns out that I wrongly selected the release mode. Yet, the problem seems to be with the application’s name, initially it was with a colon separated name. But, when I exported it again, I reset it to the default “unnamed” and it worked. And, when i tried a colon separated name again, it crashed. As it was a temporary name, it’s not a big deal to change it. Yet still, thank you for the help.:slight_smile:

If you’re still interested, that is the given error (I’m still kind of a newbie so i don’t know if it can be useful) :
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example.todo/com.dynamo.android.DefoldActivity}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: Projeto:_JOGO
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1978)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2003)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1169)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4446)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find native library: Projeto:_JOGO
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.NativeActivity.onCreate(NativeActivity.java:187)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at com.dynamo.android.DefoldActivity.onCreate(DefoldActivity.java:189)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:4465)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1049)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1942)
E/AndroidRuntime(13993): … 11 more
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): FATAL EXCEPTION: SetFeaturesTask
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): android.database.CursorIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index -1 requested, with a size of 1
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at android.database.AbstractCursor.checkPosition(AbstractCursor.java:400)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.checkPosition(AbstractWindowedCursor.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.getString(AbstractWindowedCursor.java:50)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at android.database.CursorWrapper.getString(CursorWrapper.java:114)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at com.google.android.gsf.Gservices.getString(Gservices.java:106)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at com.google.android.gsf.Gservices.getString(Gservices.java:128)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at com.google.android.gsf.Gservices.getBoolean(Gservices.java:166)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at com.google.android.talk.FeatureManager$SetFeaturesTask.doInBackground(FeatureManager.java:249)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at com.google.android.talk.FeatureManager$SetFeaturesTask$1.run(FeatureManager.java:229)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2131): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

2 Likes

Good thing you got it working!
I think I’ve seen this issue happen once before, but I couldn’t find a ticket for it, so I added DEF-2728

3 Likes

The same problem i have with mobile-phone-tracker.org mobile recorder on Android.

How is this reply helpful? Seems like spam.