Adjust coordinates of all objects globally?

#1

Hey everyone, I’m wondering, is there some way to adjust the coordinates of the entire game world globally? I have a camera setup with a perspective angle. However, this means my Z axis is pointing at an angle. I’ve realized the only way I can fix the Z-ordering of 3D polygonal faces is to rotate the entire gameworld so that the camera is able to point straight down at the game world to fix the issue. However, I don’t want to redo everything. Is there some way to fix this without rotating the entire gameworld?

EDIT: Enabling orthographic setting in Rendercam fixes the normal issues for my complex 3D objects. Is there any chance of a fix for the engine for perspective camera views?

0 Likes

#2

I’ve realized the only way I can fix the Z-ordering of 3D polygonal faces is to rotate the entire gameworld so that the camera is able to point straight down at the game world to fix the issue.

This doesn’t make sense to me… there’s got to be a real solution.

Enabling orthographic setting in Rendercam fixes the normal issues for my complex 3D objects. Is there any chance of a fix for the engine for perspective camera views?

Did you already post a sample project for this issue?

2 Likes

#3

The model which observes the issue is posted here: Collada model missing faces

If you have a project with Rendercam setup w/ perspective camera and move it to the left edge of the screen (so that the right side of the object is visible) the issue is apparent. If toggling on orthographic then the model renders perfectly however you are unable to see any depth to the model of course.

I can look into creating a simple project w/ Rendercam to demo it however.

0 Likes

#4

Finally after much struggling I resolved the issue. I painstakingly went through and rebuilt my entire render script from the rendercam example script and everything works except the projectiles which are sprites. I’ve now converted these over to 3D transparent models and voila! It’s working! I have no idea where the issue was in my render script before. From comparing them I see no difference but it’s perhaps mental handicap that’s causing me the frustration :blush:

Now, I am able to support the ruins model and other models without issue that were causing me concern. I did have to lose the post process effects however in order to resolve, but the tradeoff is worth it for me.

2 Likes