About forum badges

Hey guys, just a question about badges (i love them haha :))

Where is this invite button??? i cant find it anywhere in my forum user page…

I haven’t thought of it before, but there’s an invite button below the replies in a thread:

yeah… but this button it is to invite already defold users to see any topic… the badges it is about invate new users to defold forum… i gess…

Ah, yes, you’re right. @Erik_Honn and @sicher do you know? Have we perhaps disabled the invite button for some reason?

Hmm, I don’t know.

The badge should work for either use of invite?

https://forum.defold.com/badges/25/promoter

This one requires inviting new users though

https://forum.defold.com/badges/26/campaigner

I see @Pkeod but the gadges message says:

but there isn’t any invite buttom in my user page…

and the invite button in posts or message only accept user names (from the own defold forum)…

and if you i try to put any email …

I like the badges too! For the first few months after I joined I tried getting as many as possible, but then I found out that it’s all rigged… No matter what you do, @sven will always have more badges, and more likes. Though I can’t prove it (yet), I’m quite convinced he’s buying likes from fake accounts :’(

6 Likes

hahahadon’t worry anymore i will help you!
Everybody against @even.
hahaha

4 Likes

I honestly have no clue. There are so many features that Discourse has hidden away somewhere that no one knows about :stuck_out_tongue:

Manhunt for the invite by email button!

3 Likes

Hello @jhonatanvinicius

I’ve looked into this and it turns out Discourse doesn’t support invites unless “local username and password accounts” are enabled. Since we are using a Single Sign-On solution to connect the Defold accounts with the forum accounts this option has been disabled.

@sven might be the only one who has it…

4 Likes

Hahaha, what is this trash talk?? I have earned my precious gbadges fair and square! :laughing: :innocent:

7 Likes

We have the same number of badges you and me Sven. I need to snag another badge and move to the top!

4 Likes

hey @jakob.pogulis see @britzl and @sven

What do you think of this comment? ahahha

2 Likes

Hooked you up, fam

8 Likes

hahaha well done!!!

Good Luck! @britzl

3 Likes

:joy:
Badges made me insane when I first time saw them ( О_о it was 252 days ago)

It impossible to receive more badges than @sven but I know where “I am best of the best” =))) :
22 of 49 Nice Share bages is mine. Mua-ha-ha. :imp:

5 Likes

Haha for *** sake… Is it possible for me to achieve this one, and be automatically revoked directly after? :thinking:

Realised we could add custom badges, this one can be used as a forum title much like the “Defold team” that comes together with our forum posts. Contact @Axel to receive it.

8 Likes