A Drunk Thief [GMTK Jam Entry]

My Team and I were able to successfully create an entry to Mark Brown’s GMTK 2020 Game Jam. My team made up just 4 of the over 18,000 people who participated.

The theme was “Out of Control”. My team and I decided to do a drunk thief breaking into houses and stealing objects. Due to the drunk nature of the thief, the controls cause the character to stumble all around. If you make to much noise, someone will hear and the police will come.

The game is score based, I didn’t have time to put in a score tracker but i’m still happy with it.

Check it out and help vote on it: https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2020/rate/694820

7 Likes

[Update] The game has currently amassed 116 ratings and is currently the 62nd most rated game out of the over 5 thousand that were submitted during the game jam. I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback from the community about making the game more interesting in terms of game-play and movement. If anyone has any additional criticism or thoughts I would love to hear them and can take them back to the team for implementation in the next build.

Thanks in Advance!

5 Likes

Happy New Year Everyone! This update has been a bit overdue.

Game Jam Results

The game ended up being around the 25th most ranked out of the entire Jam. While it’s overall ranking was 1,365 / 5,367 we got a lot of great feedback, especially on the art and music. Using this information, plus some additional feedback, the team and I got to work on adding more content to the game.

New Content

We created a major update we called “Public Break-ins” where the Thief has several new public locations to explore. In addition to the new maps, this updated changed the level selection to be randomized and added a bevy of bug fixes. But how was it received?

Current Standing

The game has just recently the game has passed 2,000 views and 1,400 plays on itch. Making it by far my most popular game on the platform. I have talked with the team some about doing additional work on the game, we have nothing definitive yet.

I’m still looking for feedback, if you have any ideas to help improve the game, I’d love to hear it!

Here’s a link to the game:

5 Likes