ValidateAsyncJobProcessing (SOLVED)

I just updated the defold 2 to the 1.2.107 version and I started to get this warnings whenever I run the project:

WARNING:GRAPHICS: ValidateAsyncJobProcessing cpu<->gpu data check failed. Unable to verify async texture access integrity.
WARNING:GRAPHICS: AsyncInitialize: Failed to verify async job processing. Fallback to single thread processing.

does anyone knows what might be the reason?

1 Like

A new feature for the upcoming 1.2.107 release (currently in alpha which is what editor2 uses) is async upload of textures to the GPU. In your case it seems to fallback to using single-threaded upload instead for some reason.

What platform are you running on when this warning occurs?

3 Likes

I’m running it on a linux 64-bits.

1 Like

As Johan describes, Editor 2 is using an alpha development build of the engine.
The warnings you see are removed in the next stable release (in fact, the already are).

It’s unfortunate that there are occasionally drivers out there that doesn’t adhere to the OpenGL specifications, which is why we have added a sanity check by uploading a texture to graphics memory and then read it back in order to assure the async upload is working correctly.
If the texture returned from the GPU doesn’t match the uploaded one, we simply fallback to default synchronous texture upload.

This won’t affect your work at all. The engine will as said simple disable this feature meaning it will perform the same as it always has.

5 Likes

thanks for the explanation :smile:

1 Like