Two Hour Game Challenge

I challenge anyone who reads this two design and build a game in just two hours with the defold engine, I’m interested in taking part in this challenge but would like to see what you guys can do, so I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals can come up with in just two hours, Good luck.

Oh, interesting. I always enjoy stuff like this. Maybe if you put some limitations on the challenge? A theme? A few keywords? Maybe make a game out of a set of assets from kenney.nl?

Okay so using Kenny.nl assets create a game within two hours using the defold engine.

The Theme is “Comming to Life”

Ok, so I’ll start doing a game at 22:00 and ending at 00:00 tonight. The game will be some kind of Lemmings like puzzler where you have small aliens of different colors. You can only have aliens of a single color active at a time and the different colors will interact with the environment in different ways. The trick will be to toggle between the different colors to overcome obstacles and reach the exit.

I will work against this public GitHub repository: https://github.com/britzl/comingtolife

Starting in 10 minutes. Wish me luck.

8 Likes

Ah, didn’t really make it into anything playable… :sob: Another hour or two and I might have had something. Code is on GitHub and “game” can be found here: https://britzl.github.io/comingtolife/

Space/click to switch between aliens.

3 Likes

Wish I knew defold good enough to do this right now maybe in a few weeks I can

1 Like

What kind of game do you wish you could make quickly?

1 Like

In other tools I can make all kinds of things just still trying to figure out the defold api really at this point and lua. Way better at c# or even c++

2 Likes

Keep working at it! I’m not at the master level yet either, but I am with other tools. Getting there though!

I’d like to do a two hour game challenge in the future. Maybe we can leave this thread going and people can do it when they have the time to? I bet that @Andreas_Jirenius would do a really good job!

5 Likes

Feeling challenged now from two directions. Think I will try it out. Just gotta find that 2 hour spare time.

/A

6 Likes

I’d really love to participate in this too, great idea. I’ll try to do it post Editor2. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m definitely up for this! A simple 2 hour game made in Defold is definitely possible.

3 Likes

@benjames171 thats why as soon as this challenge came to mind i thought it was perfect for delfold its so fast you can make a game in just 2 hours no problem

2 Likes