Tomb Girl

Hello!

More new features

Today i had finished the starting scene and the select hero scene.

and put alot of animations scenes and audio files too.

If you want to test the game on your android phone here is the apk file.

As @britzl suggest i had recreated my github page to host the game… but again i receive an error as result…

here is the informations about commit/push process:

Anyone has any idea to fix this? or knows another place to publish our games for test ?

Tomorrow i will work on the game over scene.

See you guys!!!

2 Likes

Yep, there you go:

“warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in Tomb Girl/…”

This means that your line endings will change and the size of the file will not match the size in archive_files.json. I’m guessing that you have autocrlf set to true for git. This is what @Fuscy mentioned above. Disable automatic conversion of line endings, either globally or locally for your repo. You can read more about this here: https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/#platform-windows

2 Likes

yeah!!! Thank you @britzl it is working now!!!

Here is the link to test the game:

hint: watch the startining until finish the loop first loop.

Arrows => Direction and shield or jump
Space bar to fire
https://getjv.github.io/Tomb%20Girl/

https://getjv.github.io/Tomb%20Girl/

4 Likes

Nice, Jhonatan! I must say there were stuff I didn’t really get. What do the dinosaurs do? Do they help me in any way? Does the egg hatch randomly? Furthermore, there was a slight delay between pressing the space button and the fireball actually shooting – that was slightly annoying. But keep it up, nice going! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. If you touch dino you will lost 1 hp.
  2. The dino will eat the small balls.

the egg hatch when any ball hit him.

it is because i only create ball when the girl ends her cast movement (hands to up), but i will change the animation speed (fps)

Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Guys… about the GDC i have some questions…

1. Only finished games will be considered?
  2. For sample TombGirl it is not complete but has some features… if i send it is there some chance to receive some points?
  3. All games submeted will receive a ranking score and a feedback, with suggestions?

Anyone here Does know these answers?

The competition rules and website should answer your questions. From the website:

• While there are no clearly defined categories by which your submission will be judged, what we are looking for is a reasonably polished playable which should be fun and/or interesting for most users. Or in other words—we prefer seeing something very small that is awesome rather than a full game that is mediocre.

From the rules:

• Each entry must use the Defold game engine and should have a minimum of two minutes play time or interactive experience in order to be accepted. You do not have to create a new game/interactive experience specifically for this competition. Entries may include games/interactive experiences you have already created provided that they meet the criteria set out in these terms.

I’m not sure if/how the jury will rank and score the submissions, but the rules mention that:

• The winner(s) shall be the entry which in the opinion of the judging panel (including an independent member) is the most artistically and/or technically polished and well-executed game or other interactive experience created in the Defold engine.

@Axel will be able to answer your questions definitely, but from what I’ve seen so far I don’t see anything in your game that should prevent you from submitting. My recommendation is to polish the mechanics and game play and implement the full game loop instead of adding more features or a ton of levels.

3 Likes

Really thanks!!! Now i have a target to aim.

I will work hard to improve this point!!!

Thanks!!! :sob:

I’m just in here to confirm this :point_up_2:

Thanks for the replies above, as well!

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Please, Please no more sadness I’m back.

i have been working at some improvements about the gameplay (i guess).

At this version i added “time missions” to guide the player inside the game.

please let me know what do you think about it.

here is the link: https://getjv.github.io/Tomb%20Girl/index.html

I’m having a lot of troubles to correctly use the collection factories… because this i cant implement the game over scene…

Anyone can help with this error?

ERROR:GAMESYS: The collection /loader/selectPlayer.collectionc could not be loaded since it was already. Message 'load' sent from main:/main#script to menu:/loader#selectPlayer.

this it is not true… (i guess) when i exit the selectPlayer.collectionc at first time i had called the unload method.

-- from the selectPlayer collection
function on_message(self, message_id, message, sender)
  if message_id == hash("start") then
  	  msg.post("menu:/loader#world1", "load")
  end
  if message_id == hash("proxy_loaded") then
                -- New world is loaded. Init and enable it.
                msg.post(sender, "init")
                msg.post(sender, "enable")

local proxy = msg.url(".")
    		   msg.post(proxy, "disable")
   			   msg.post(proxy, "final")
   			   msg.post(proxy, "unload")

end

end

what am i doing wrong?

2 Likes

What I like to do when I’m working with collection proxies, especially when transitioning between different parts of the game (eg menu->game->game over->menu), is to have a main/controller script in a main collection and let that script be the controller and the one loading and unloading collections. The controller script will keep track of which collection proxy that is currently loaded, and when transitioning to a new state in the game it unloads the current collection and loads the new collection. You can see an example of this here: https://github.com/britzl/publicexamples/tree/master/examples/menu_and_game

You could also maybe take a look at this routing library created by forum user @megus.sugem

1 Like

Thanks for this hint… in my next game i will use it. but for this game i really want to understand what is my error.

I have created another topic to talk about this error.

Yeahhhh!!!

I did it @matheusvieiradepaula,I did it !!! hahahaha

I was able to solve all problems with scenes redirections in time to sent the game. Thanks again @britzl. Now TombGirl it’s in!.

Isn’t a great game, but was first and more complex game that i have been built.

Really thanks to all of you! do this in defold would be impossible without your help.

Here is the last version of TombGirl. :smiley:

6 Likes

Awesome!

The HTML5 build you’ve linked in the post is a debug build. You should make sure to upload a release build instead, which you can do by checking the release checkbox in the bundle step. HTML5 debug builds a very slow, and the game runs in about 10 FPS on Chrome.

Regards,
Jakob

5 Likes

Thank you @jakob.pogulis I have updated the the site with release version. it is better now.

yeahh i have see this too. but in the firefox there is no problem. i dont know why it is sooooo slow in chrome.

1 Like

Congratulations!
I liked to follow you in your process of built this game!
I’m playing now!

3 Likes

What Jakob meant was that it runs slow in chrome because of the debug build. Now with release, it’s running fine again in chrome. :smiley:

5 Likes

Congratulations on submitting the game!

2 Likes

I am still having some trouble in Chrome even with the release build. Safari works fine. Hopefully it works okay for you guys.

1 Like

yeah, i’m really don’t know why it is more slow when running at chrome…