Starting a Platformer Game - BlackFox Dev

Hi Everyone.
I´m “BlackFox” and I´ll start a fresh new game project in Defold (still working on the game name).
Soon I hope to show some characters artwork and animations (probably done in ToonBoom) and some development arts/prints (as I learn how to work on Defold, they might change a little in the final game). Maybe even some Manga Pages to introduce the game plot.
I wanna make awesome boss battles (the game will even starts in one!), and there will be requeriments for cooler secret bosses during the game (and maybe secret areas with other new enemies).
Can you fight´em all and challenge the coolest “real” Hardest Final Boss?

5 Likes

Excellent stuff! Welcome to the forum and good luck with your game!

1 Like

Hi Britzl, I´ll post new updates as soon as I can :wink:

1 Like

Will be watching this project ^^
Love manga/anime sooo, this has picked my interest~~
Are you going for some kind of “Castlevania” style? or will it be more “beat-em-up”-ish ???

2 Likes

Hi Kit, I´ll try to make it like a mix of Castlevania X (Rondo of Blood, not Symphony of the Night), Megaman X and The Ninja Warriors Again.

Little Update!! :wink:

Drawing the main character (Yukino) in ToonBoom Harmony (in vector).

Here is how she will be in actual game sprite size (maybe the sprite will be smaller, but the game will be in 1280x720px).

Here is the first sketch of the character (she will be featured in a chibi/super deformed design in the game):

7 Likes

Great stuff, @blackfoxid! Are you doing everything yourself? And what platform(s) will you be developing for?

2 Likes

Hi Axel, it´s my very first game, I´ll make it for pc first (maybe expand for other platforms later).
I´ll do most of the game myself (leaning on tutorials, books for game design and videos), I´ll try to learn some programming during this game creation.
Initially this game just for test, to see what can I do with Defold, but if it turns a fun game, maybe I´ll try to make it commercially available.

1 Like

New update (sort of).
Since I still haven´t designed Yukino´s clothes, she will be only a flying head for a little.

She won´t be this big in game (500px), maybe she will have this size (200px):

5 Likes