Show folders in project explorer on top

Hi,

is it possible to sort files in project explorer, so that folders always appear before the files?
I failed to find something on the topic, may be it is related to my linux system? Or may be it is a feature of the editor and there is no options for this?

Is it really do that?

I noticed that if you refresh project view (right click -> refresh or F5), your folders and files will be in the right order.

I also will check that later on my linux at home.

oh right. it is frustrating that it behaves different on autorefresh and on manual refresh.
First i’ve copied tutorial folder into the project folder through system file manager and it appeared in project explorer, but the folder was in between the files. Then i followed the tutorial and when i was adding new files with menu, the folder was still sorted alphabetically with files.
But F5 did the trick though :grin: Very strange.

1 Like

Editor behaves exactly the same way on Windows. I noticed that and was very confused at first, too.

This is probably due to the underlying eclipse framework used for the current editor. We probably won’t fix issues like this since the all new Editor 2 is on its way.

1 Like

wow! Editor 2 sounds cool! I’m very new to Defold and i see lots of inconvenience in current editor. will read more about new editor, thanks!