Segmentation fault (Core dumped)

Hi guys. I have issues.
I using fedora i386/x86. I downloaded last defold app for linux x86. But when i try run it, it’s giving me error.
It’s says: Segmentation fault (Core dumped)
Or when i start “Defold-linux.sh” ;

bash Defold-linux.sh
Defold-linux.sh: line 35: 9544 Segmentation fault (Core dumped)"${_EXECUTABLE_PATH}"

Please help me.

Hmm, this seems similar to this question: Defold-linux.sh Returns a Error and Doesn't Run

Unfortunately I have no idea how to debug this. I assume you’re trying to run Editor 2?

I download it but it didn’t work. Because i using 32 bit os, can’t start the 64 bit app. I think i’ll try it on the windows.

Hello!

The error you’re getting is a little misleading, it’s not the script that is crashing, but the binary that is executed through the script. It’s a wild guess, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a shared object library has been updated to a version that isn’t compatible with the JVM that’s shipped with Defold. If you could open the script defold-linux.sh and change the line (35) "${_EXECUTABLE_PATH}" to gdb "${_EXECUTABLE_PATH}" before you run the script again.

The editor won’t start at once, you’ll have to type r and press enter. The editor should crash again and you’ll be returned to the gdb prompt. Type bt and press enter. The last couple of addresses together with (if I’m right) the shared object library that is incompatible will be printed to the prompt. If you could post this output here it’ll be a lot easier to figure out what the problem is.

Regards,
Jakob

4 Likes

Does anyone found a solution for that? I’m trying to install it on a 32-bit Ubuntu 14.04, and i’m getting this error. I did the gdb thing and got this:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb7606c2b in _expand_stack_to(unsigned char*) ()
from Defold-linux.gtk.x86/jre/bin/…/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

I don’t think we support 32-bit systems anymore. At least not for the new editor. @mats.gisselson and @Mathias_Westerdahl?

EDIT: https://www.defold.com/faq/#_platform_questions

3 Likes

We pay lip service for 32 bit support on Windows. In practice you won’t get that far.

Thanks for this. I took a stab in the dark and I hit something.

1. I locate libjvm.so and found: (may be different in your computer)
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-i386/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so

2. Went to Defold/editor/jre/lib/i386/client

3. Renamed libjvm.so to libjvm.so.old and put a softlink to the libjvm.so I found above.

ln -sf /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjd86/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so .

Now the Defold editor runs but I can’t do anything with it.

Firstly, it asked me to update to a newer version 1.2.445, if I choose Yes, it does stuff and then terminates. Then I can’t find the Defold executable anymore.

If I choose No, then it shows me a completely blank project.