Robo Settlers: a management and puzzle solving mobile game

Jokes aside, looking better and better! :grinning:

11 Likes

Heyo, weekly update! Theres a week left to make the entry to GDC. Still got some work to finish. Now the main priorities are implementing tutorial and optimizing the game as much as possible. Still have to add sounds and few animations. The balance is almost done aswell. Thats pretty much it for now, a week is all we have!

9 Likes

Good luck guys!

3 Likes

You don’t need a finished game, 2 minute playable demo is good enough, and I’m sure you’ll be going.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well we just want to make the best game we can make!

7 Likes

Quick update! Time is running out :smiley: So this week we finished working with tutorial. It can still be improved, but will do for now. Optimisation is almost finished aswell we had some real struggles with swaying defold to work the way we want it to work, but theres not so much left. Added our ground floor, and animated our main robo dude. Sounds are being implemented at this very moment! And after that, well maybe a few balance tweaks here and there, few bugs fixed and were good to go!

Adding our cringy robo animation!

10 Likes

Hello, weekly update once again! Well we managed to make finishing touches on the GDC competition build. Added sounds and ambient music, finished tutorial. Now with this milestone done, we move to phase 2, polishing the game to a release state! Our artist has started drawing new planets, devs are working on more funcionality and adding more google analytics.

8 Likes

Wow, it looks awesome! Love the art and UI. Congratulations!

6 Likes

I assume that’s the family portrait of the team? :wink:

1 Like

Hello there, long time no see! After GDC competition, we received some really good feedback and made some quite moderate changes to the game. We realised that we kind of have too much going on in our game and because of that some things just dont work as intended. So we decided to split our big game into two smaller ones. One will be the puzzle game, and the other will be the manager. We are working on both of them simultaneously. For now I can share some early test version of the puzzle game, enjoy :slight_smile: any feedback is good feedback.
http://robo-test.sneakybox.lt/

7 Likes

I like the puzzles, some of them are very challenging. I do not feel that they always come in order of difficulty (or perhaps I was lucky at times and got it right immediately).

well we have around 300 puzzles right now, so these are just a few random :smiley:

4 Likes

Heya, its been a long time since we posted any news here! The team has been focusing very hard towards our manager/clicker. The concept is very simple. You buy floors, floors generate money, you collect money. Repeat. Also you have a bunch of investments where you can increase the generation speed and so on. Once you have built enough floors, you have an option to reset(still working on game logic behind the reset mechanic) your game and start fresh but with a buff in a form of super robots, which lets you reach your previous progress faster. And so, once you have generated a certain amount of money throughout your whole gameplay session, you get to launch your rocket and fly to another planet. There are many different planets to be visited, each better than the previous one!
Some screenshots of what we have so far. Stay tuned.

12 Likes

One of our super robots :wink:

7 Likes

Haha :smiley: I like the animation. Did you use Spine Animations for these?

1 Like

Yes, everything is made with Spine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is so cool to watch the game evolve, pivot, split into two. Your latest clicker one actually feels surprisingly good.

4 Likes

Hello, weekly update! This week the team was working on some gui window implementations, as well as more super robots with their animations. Besides that Our devs are working on a multitouch issue we’re experiencing. Hopefully that will be fixed quickly. What we hope is that in the near future we can share a roughly finished html version within this forum to get some feedback. So keep waiting - theres more to come!

5 Likes

Update. The work continues. Still working on implementing the last gui windows, animations, balance and so on. The html trial version coming soon aswell!
For now enjoy one of the super robots and its cuteness :wink:

9 Likes

Heyo, weekly update! This weekend our team members were in Stockholm in Defold workshop, got some great feedback and had a really good time overall. Thanks for that! On top of that we can now share with you our sort of basic test build version of the game, feel free to try and give feedback!
http://robo.sneakybox.lt/game/development/
Should be working on all browsers but we have noticed that chrome sometimes has difficulties :smiley:

6 Likes