Open project/create new project without quiting (SOLVED)

Hi everyone! My first post here :slight_smile:

Is there a way of opening other projects or creating new ones without quiting? Thanks!

3 Likes

The new editor has unfortunately not been blessed with these features yet. Hopefully soon though, right @mats.gisselson ?

2 Likes

Soon-ish… :slight_smile: Obviously we want to do this, but currently we believe our users do not switch projects that often, so we’re prioritizing other things that we think will benefit them more. We’ll get around to this eventually, though!

2 Likes

any news?

Yes, you can open new instances from the command line, using the game.project as argument

Sooo 2022 now, just checking :slight_smile: Is this something where if someone wants to do it, they can do a pull request?

1 Like

We actually talked about this issue only three days ago while going through some issues in the backlog:

Yes, sure. The simplest and most obvious improvement would be to modify the launcher such that it is possible to start multiple instances of the editor from the app icon and not only from the command line. Next would be to add a menu option.

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m not talking about the same thing (in this case please ignore me :see_no_evil:)

But on windows 11 it’s already possible to easily open additional instances of Defold (by clicking the app icon) without having to close the editor or toy with the command line.

Since 1.4.5. Defold now supports opening new projects from Editor too. From top menu: File->Open Project.... Marking as solved :slight_smile:

3 Likes