Ludum Dare 35 Jam entry

So, I actually had some time to create a game on the Shapeshift theme, although use of the shapeshifting theme is rather weak in this game…

I’ll spend some time tweaking performance (HTML5 build) and do some game balancing tomorrow, but other than that it’s good enough.

Play the game here: http://britzl.github.io/shapeshift/ (source code available as well)

A big shout-out to my sons. They helped out with game design and testing!

5 Likes

I love the idea of an infinite runner where you change form (like Trine) to handle oncoming obstacles!

Nice :slight_smile:

What is the best way to get the source in my Defold editor? I see its in Github. Can I do something in Defold to get access to that or do I need to copy it…?

PS
Maybe we should give Kenny a shout or something; his stuff is all over Defold including the tuts :slight_smile:

Create blank Defold project, open it in Defold, delete what’s inside, replace with downloaded zip contents.

Kenney is given credit in several places in the Manual pages, but I actually don’t see any mention in the tutorials. @sicher can we do something about this? I also credited Kenney for the graphics on my GitHub page.

My game prototype http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=87853

1 Like

Yes I meant the manuals :slight_smile: He is credited for that under the pages.
I was not thinking about crediting but sending a thank you note or something. He makes really nice stuff!

Ok, what I did to get the Github contents in Defold:
Create blank Defold project
Open it in editor + create (master) branch
Close editor
Download zip from Github + extract
Go to local github directory on harddisk
Find new project dir and delete contents
Copy extracted items in project dir
Open Defold editor + project
Content shows up
Synchronise project (Github)
Ready to run

Thanks @Pkeod and @britzl :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think another approach that also should work is this:

Fork the project on GitHub
Create an empty project in the dashboard
Open it in Defold
Change remote repository origin to your forked project
Synchronise
Done

(I haven’t tried the above steps, but the should work). The nice thing about forking is that you can quite easily pull in new changes from the repo you forked from, as well as submit pull requests.

1 Like