How to make a intro?

How to make a intro ?

1 Like

This is a very vaguely worded question. You need to be more specific. Are you thinking of some kind of cutscene type of intro? Or do you mean an interactive intro where you play some kind of animation and/or text and wait for user input to proceed? Or do you mean more like a tutorial? Or maybe you’re talking about an intro in the demo scene context?

1 Like

Sorry :smiley: i am new

I mean how to make a intro

for example dmc game opening during Capcom logo and sponsor etc.

I mean Show the logo before the game starts

Note: I create new collection “menu.collection” and it is game menu
"main.collection" and it is company logo

Ok, so what you typically do is to put these different main parts of your game in different collections. So you’d have one collection containing the splash screen (company/game logo etc), one collection for the main menu and then one or more collections holding the game and levels. You can of course decide to divide things in a different way, depending on your game, but an overall structure such as the one I’m suggesting usually works well.

The idea then is to load and unload these collections depending on the state of the game. Collections are loaded and unloaded using collection proxies. I usually have a main collection, that is specified as my bootstrap collection in game.project and this main collection is responsible for loading and unloading the other collections based on game state.

I have an example of this setup in this sample project: https://github.com/britzl/publicexamples/tree/master/examples/menu_and_game

You could perhaps also look into using the Defold UI Routing lib by @megus.sugem.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like