How do i know the size of the scaled GO?

I’m following the tutorial and there i create GO, place Sprite into it and then scale the GO. It is written there that it becomes 228 in width. But where can i see this dimensions?
It would be useful to know, to set the grid dimensions properly in the future (or am i supposed to calculate it every time myself? :joy:)

I’m not sure I understand your question / use case. You can multiply the size of the sprite by the scale of the parent GO to get the current scaled size. For whatever you are trying to do, there is probably a nice solution if you can more clearly explain it.

yeah, seems like i was not precise.
i mean only visual editing. imagine you are making a map with scaled down (or up) game objects and you need of course to setup the grid to exactly fit the size of single game object. you know the size of the sprite and you know (of course) the scale factor. but where to get the actual resulting dimensions of the game object? calculate it myself, or maybe i miss something in editor?

Currently, you have to do such calculations yourself, to keep track of various design choices (such as this example in the tutorial, where the sprites should overlap)

But I think this is rarely an issue, since those design choices, regarding sizes, you make are usually related to other objects.

EDIT:
For instance, 228 is divisible by 32. So that might be a good grid size in this case.
As you see, my calculator-fu is not with me today, since it’s actually NOT divisible by 32! But, I think it still relates to the point of making good design choices even more. In this case, I would perhaps have chose different sizes/scales to begin with.

2 Likes