Help with Bob and dmengine (SOLVED)

Hello.

I’m trying to use command line tools to launch and rebuild several instances of the game at once (for convinient testing of a multiplayer game)

I’ve read about bob and dmengine a little in the docs. I understood that bob can build the project and dmengine can launch the build result. The trouble is I cannot launch the build result.
I’m using the example from the bob manual page (building on windows7 atm):

java -jar bob.jar --archive --platform x86-darwin resolve distclean build bundle
(also tried several other variants of a build command, but no success)

I get a build like this:

Then, I launch dmengine.exe, and get an error:

I did followed the docs and forum mentions on that topic, but have no idea what is this error about libraries is.
Both bob and dmengine is downloaded from http://d.defold.com/stable/, for version 1.2.92. Dmengine file I got is engine/win32/dmengine.exe (I understood that platform need to match my computers platform, i.e. windows in this case)

Also, if I could get any pointers to the method of reloading using bob and dmegine via CLI that would be great.

Thanks!

“darwin” is the macOS platform. If you wish to run on windows, the platform is “x86-win32”

2 Likes

oh. I guess my eyes are blurry in the end of the day, so silly of me. Sorry about that. Thanks, @Mathias_Westerdahl

1 Like

I created a batch bundler script a while back. Maybe it can give you some ideas: Build and bundle for multiple platforms from the command line