GUI Layout tool requests

A few things that would make GUI layout a lot easier:

1. Snap to grid.
  2. Object alignment - top, bottom, left, right, centers
  3. Space equally horizontally/vertically.

I get around this by putting objects close to where I want them and edit the coordinates to line them up, but it would be great if the editor had tools to do this for me.

This are excellent feature requests for the new editor, @Ragnar_Svensson, @Erik_Angelin, @Ragnar_Dahlen.

1 Like

Regarding snap to grid, it already exists

1 Like

Whaaaaa?! How did I not know this? You learn something new every day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two more items:

A control mode to resize an object rather than scale it, also have the ability to retain the sizes of the child elements. I wanted to resize the box I’m using as a main container for the UI, and the child elements I put under it scaled as well. I didn’t want that. Arguably I could have had them as not a child of the box.

When clicking on a template, select the template root rather than the child element you clicked on.

Thanks. Are these suggestions something we can take into consideration for the new editor @Erik_Angelin, @Ragnar_Dahlen and @Ragnar_Svensson?

Absolutely, but unfortunately it will have to wait for when we have switched to Editor2 and dropped Editor1.