Defold Editor 2.0

For confirming,
Can I preview my particle in Editor 2.0? I pressed “space” but nothing happen. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes… It’s in the “Scene” menu.

All old keyboard shortcuts are not in place (yet).

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Will Editor 2 expose the properties of game objects when displayed in the hierarchies in the outliner, and I don’t mean user defined properties.

Not sure what you mean. This is how it currently looks:

1 Like

Sorry yea, read original comment made sense in my head, in editor 1 the collections within collections cannot be directly edited, you have to enter each collection separately to adjust game objects, it would make the editor so much nicer to use if I could stay at the top most collection, and edit all game objects from there

1 Like

Yes, we call that “in-place editing” and it’s a new feature in Editor 2. I don’t know if the design is 100% ironed out yet though. @Ragnar_Svensson can tell you more when he got time (he’s on vacation for a few weeks now).

5 Likes

OMG :laughing: love you all Defold team

6 Likes

Here’s a small teaser from the Native Extension, we’ve currently added Android support (C++ only), and we’re continuing work on the pipeline and server parts. Happy weekends, and may the global game jam be with you! (?)

15 Likes

Where i can get this? Is it offline feature?

2 Likes

Not released yet. Only teaser previews.

2 Likes

Can I take part in beta?

4 Likes

@Erik_Angelin or @Ragnar_Dahlen can give access while @ragnar.svensson is on vacation.

4 Likes

Hi guys, I would also like to request a beta access. Cheers

2 Likes

+1 I also want to take part in beta.

2 Likes

I’ve taken a break from these forums and it’s exciting to see what’s going on!

I’d love to have beta access if that’s at all possible. Anything I can to help make this amazing engine better. I really do love it. It’s just hard to explain to people that are used to working with Unity, etc… just how much better Defold is!

5 Likes

I hear dat, I used Unity from version 3 and watched it become more and more bugged, with it’s ever expanding waist line, moved over to Unreal 4, which I absolutely love, but they’ve left 2D support behind, and it’s a minimum 180mb build, Defold is a breath of fresh air, light, fast, fluid, when editor 2 arrives, it’ll be the dogs gonads.

6 Likes

Would love beta access as well. I excited to see what is coming down the pipeline.

2 Likes

If this doesn’t become the official tagline for Editor 2, then something is very wrong.

8 Likes

I relinquish all copyrights to it, :joy:

5 Likes