Editor2 and bugs

Hello!

It seems like many bugs and issues are left unreported by the users of Editor2. Since the reports help us a great deal to fix the issues, I would like to know the reason why you don’t report the issues when they happen. Please help us out by answering this tiny poll so we can try to improve. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestions that you think would help.

Thanks!

• I don’t think anyone will look at the issue I reported
  • I have reported issues before, but they never get fixed
  • I don’t know how to report them
  • I don’t know what to write in the report
  • I don’t have a github account
  • I don’t care
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

I believe the times I haven’t reported is more due to a “time vs impact” thing.
You get annoyed over a thing not working as it should but if you just find a way to overcome it and you just continue developing instead of filing the report. The “can’t undo values in properties unless clicking outside” is such a case.
Random crash that hasn’t happened before and doesn’t seem to be reoccurring also falls under this category. You just want to continue developing.

4 Likes

There is a menu button to report an issue, but not imepovements in the same sense. Personally it is closer to what Andreas says tho, either it is a one time thing or a hard crash where I am unable to pinpoint.

I had this crazy bug the other day where the lua code was not interpreted correctly and standard library functions were unknown… That I lacked any logical explanation for and a restart solved the issue so, no report.

2 Likes