Editor 2: Can't login in mac os

Hi,

I want to try defold 2, but defold 2 can’t login in my mac os. and just frezze in loading after login, i attached some screen shot. Thanks

Regards,

Abedniego Satrio Wenang

so what happens when you enter your email address onto the google window?
hint: you should be able to login to the dashboard with the same email

I had some strange problems logging in as well. The unusual letters that appear also make it look like some sort of hacked version (I know that is not the case but it looks exactly like how hacked pages look in the movies).

My problem was that after I received my log-in code to my phone and entered it into the text box, nothing happened. I tried a few more times and eventually it worked. Back to the v1 editor for now…

1 Like

I had some problems as well. After log-in,there is a blank page, and can’t login.

But is it working now, or still a problem for you?

Just loading please wait screen and frezze, but in defold 1 not problem in loading problem.

@Ragnar_Svensson, @Ragnar_Dahlen, @mats.gisselson, @Erik_Angelin, anything that can be done about the editor 2 login page?

I have login issues when I am on a network with restrictions. Looks like when authenticating, Defold uses some kind of non standard ports? And they are blocked by the network setup.
E.g. at free wifi cafes. Could be open or password protected networks.
When I go home or use my phone’s network, I can login just fine.

Seems to be separate issues, one is the encoding (which according to stackoverflow might be a bug in javafx webview using local fonts), which also has been reported on our github issues page here.

The other is the complete inability to login in some network environments. This has also been reported on the github issues page here. Please add your info so we can follow up on it and see what we can do. (Also please tell us if you don’t want to use the github issues page and why).

2 Likes

From the temporary i move again to defold 1, maybe some issues on defold 2

One of the obvious problems is that Defold uses port 9998 for authentication.
http://cr.defold.se:9998

Which gets blocked on some networks. Can’t it be moved to a regular port 80 or 443?

I face the problem when I enter my email to login to the dashboard it show me the this
"“Page load failed with error: A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”"

also a like for localhost

what is and how to fix it ??

Is your network firewall perhaps blocking access? Could you try to sign in from another network?

I try
Not fixed yet

OK I don’t know how but it work when I open the link and login with other browser
Just “Defold 2”