Defold 1.2.55 has been released

This release adds a new render list functionality to the underlying rendering pipeline. Previously, rendering was batched per component type (and sorted by Z value) causing unexpected results when trying to interleave different component types. For instance, drawing a sprite between two tile maps required a cumbersome workaround. The new render list fixes this while keeping maximum batching given a set of renderables and order.

New features

• Render order
  • Added a “group” field for trigger_response collision messages.

Bug fixes

• Animation speed for playback mode go.PLAYBACK_LOOP_PINGPONG is fixed.
  • Dev app console log no longer disappears after app wakeup.
  • Changing the name of a sound file now refactors. Also, ogg files added as resource type which sound can reference.
  • When renaming a game object, factories that reference that game object now refactors.
  • Editor heap-size increased to 2 Gb.
  • Multitouch single touch input did not work as expected on Android.
  • Fix for texture scaling / 9-slicing using atlases.
  • Music did not stop playing when app entered sleep mode on Android.

Documentation updates

We have added a new, quite extensive tutorial for a complete little game called “Magic Link”. Try the game and enjoy the tutorial here.

http://doc.defold.com/release_notes/release_1_2_55_render_order

1 Like

After updating to the new version the engine crashes with the following message in the console:

Assertion failed: (size <= Capacity()), function SetSize, file /Users/builder/ci/builds/engine-darwin/build/tmp/dynamo_home/include/dlib/array.h, line 307.

Would you mind inviting me to your project so I can see if I can repro? (mikael@sicher.org)

This bug, and a bug in the debug rendering of physics has been fixed today. Will appear in the next beta as soon as it’s been built and tested (hopefully tomorrow). (download from http://d.defold.com/beta/)

Could you let me know when the beta where this should be fixes has been uploaded? Thanks

Absolutely. I’ll do that.