Can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver (SOLVED)

I tried running the 64 bit editor 2 as an administrator. No error dialogues, but the scene editor rendering is still broken.

@Ragnar_Dahlen, have you been able to figure out whatā€™s causing the broken scene renderer?

EDIT2: We have a positive confirmation that the light-blue rectangles disappeared for one user after upgrading. Yay!

I just pushed a fix that could potentially fix the visual glitches in the scene view (Editor2). It would be great if any of you who have experienced the issue could upgrade Editor2 and see if the problem remains.

EDIT: I made some notes about the changes in the bottom of this issue, copy-pasted here for convenience.

Ok, I have now pushed some fixes which should be available in an update in roughly 15 minutes. Since I havenā€™t been able to reproduce the issues, itā€™s mostly guess work and stabs in the dark. What I did:

• Added support for FBOs (if supported by gpu) - some random internet rumors connected similar glitches to Intel HD and pbuffers, which we are using. The FBOs are now preferred over pbuffers, and it seems many drivers have better support for FBOs.
  • More specific when requesting the graphics profile. Before we requested the ā€œdefaultā€ profile. We now specify which GL version needs to be supported. Documentation indicates that itā€™s also more likely to become hardware accelerated this way. I have no idea if this affects which GPU is selected or not.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in how we treat the stencil buffer. Early on, I had a guess that the glitches were a result of stencil testing against a noisy stencil buffer. Now I believe this was not the cause of any of the glitches, but the stencil buffer handling is improved anyway.
  • GPU data is part of the info when ā€œReport Issueā€ is used (i.e. the info automatically supplied to the github issues).
  • Checks for gl functions that seems to be missing in some drivers, although they belong the API version the driver states to be supporting.

It would be great if you could try the new version and let me know if it fixes anything.

3 Likes

Yes, the visuals in editor 2 are working for me now as well. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi. Have same error with 1.2.126 build, x32 (Editor 2). Windows 10, x64.

Update: Iā€™m updated my Intel video driver from 21.20.16.4534 to 23.20.16.4901 and now error is gone. Sorry for bother.

1 Like