Builtins folder preventing Defold from bundling? (SOLVED)

When I run my game by building (control+B), it works fine. However, when I try to bundle to 64-bit Windows, I get the following error:

“Conflicting output resource ‘build/default/builtins/fonts/font.vpc’ generated by the following input files: [builtins/fonts/font.vp] <-> [builtins/fonts/font.vp]”

Yeah, it’s showing a file conflicting with… itself?

When I delete the builtins/fonts folder, I get this error instead:

“Conflicting output resource ‘build/default/builtins/render/display_profilessc’ generated by the following input files: [builtins/render/default.display_profiles] <-> [builtins/render/default.display_profiles]”

I don’t understand how A) files are conflicting with themselves, and B) the problematic files are the ones that come with Defold.

Never mind, I figured it out. For some reason, there was a copy of the builtins folder inside the project folder. I deleted it and everything worked perfectly.

3 Likes

Did this happen using editor 2?

Yeah, I was using Editor 2. I don’t remember putting the builtins folder there, but maybe it was left behind by a previous version of Editor 2 or something. The strange part is that in the editor, it only showed there being one builtins folder, even though there were effectively two.

2 Likes

I suspect this was the problem, tested it, created an issue https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/950

1 Like

Fixed

3 Likes