A game by its cover - Lucky Fishing

This game looks beautiful and pretty fun as-is! I can imagine leaning the device left/right to affect the sway of the line rising… collecting a katamari of fish and hopefully not too much trash. Trash in the seas, alas…

I played on android (nexus 7) and linux (archlinux 64-bit). On linux both executables ran fine. I’m more impressed with defold every day.

It was pretty confusing when swiping from the lure, how exactly to cast. Sometimes it didn’t work, and I couldn’t figure out exactly how. Why not allow swiping from any location, desert golf style?

Anyway, nice work!

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestion for swiping from any place makes perfect sense. I’ll change this the next time I open the project (whenever that might be). Also, the thing about trash in the ocean is a nice touch as well. Thanks!

3 Likes

I just learned to use Illistrator for the graphics and After Effects for the animation from you guys! So simple and awesome! Thanks for sharing so many screens you guys rock!

5 Likes

Wow, for real? That makes me really glad—happy to be of some help! And by judging from the screenshot you added in your dev log, you learned it really well :slight_smile:

3 Likes